Editor's Note: Investigators are now saying this fire is being investigated as an arson. Click here for an update on this story
The fire that ripped through the apartment of "Twilight'' actress Ashley Greene Friday was caused by an unattended candle.
That's what firefighters are telling TMZ. com Friday afternoon.
Firefighters arrived at 1424 N. Crescent Heights at about 9:50 a.m.
They extinguished the flames in about 20 minutes, according to the Los Angeles
County Fire Department.
Paramedics examined three people at the scene for unspecified injuries, but none was transported for hospital treatment, fire officials said.
TMZ.com reported the apartment was the home of the
26-year-old Greene, who also starred in the short-lived TV series "Pan Am.''
The website reported from the scene that one of the actress' two dogs died in
the blaze, but Greene and two other people in the apartment escaped safely.
Los Angeles county and city firefighters battled the flames at the
building, which is near the border of West Hollywood and Hollywood.
A variety of celebrities have lived in the historic building, known as
the Granville Towers.
Read our earlier coverage of the condo fire here.