We're deep into summer now, and squash season is upon us. Just stroll through the and behold the summer squash in all its bounty.
If you are tired of making the same old squash recipe, then you will love this Mediterranean-inspired zucchini dish.
First, the squash is gently roasted in the oven, which brings out its sweeter flavor. Then, it is combined with sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and mint. If you've never tried it, zucchini and mint make a fantastic flavor pairing.
This dish is great served hot or at room temperature, and perfect for lunch or a side dish at dinner.
Zucchini With Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Feta
Serves 4 people
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Toss the zucchini with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the zucchini in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Once it's finished cooking, remove the zucchini from the oven.
- Then, toss the zucchini with the sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Check seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the fresh mint. Enjoy!
Buy your ingredients at the West Hollywood Farmers' Market, held every Monday (rain or shine) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at , 1200 N. Vista St.