Summer is here, even though Los Angeles seems to have missed the memo. Hello June Gloom! But don't let the clouds keep you from firing up your BBQ and hosting summer dinner parties.
Today's recipe is the prefect accompaniment to anything grilled. It is light, refreshing, and loaded with California avocados—the best in the world. The radishes provide a nice, crunchy, tart counterpoint to the soft, creamy avocados. It is also lovely with the green and bright red colors.
So the next time you host a dinner, or are just sitting down to a nice lunch, try whipping up this simple summer salad.
Avocado & Radish Salad
Serves 2 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed, and sliced
- 1 cup radishes, trimmed and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Layer the avocados and radishes in a bowl.
- Drizzle each bowl with half of the lemon juice and half of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Buy your ingredients at the West Hollywood Farmers' Market, held every Monday (rain or shine) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at , 1200 N. Vista St.