West Hollywood revelers will be carving jack-o-lanterns in honor of Halloween. Why not save the seeds for a tasty—and fairly healthy—snack?
Roasting pumpkin seeds is incredibly easy and can be done in four quick steps:
- Separate the pumpkin seeds from the "guts" and rinse the seeds
- Coat a roasting or cookie pan and the seeds very lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt
- Spread the seeds evenly on the pan
- Cook at 350°F until lightly golden (about 15 minutes)
There are many things you can add to vary the taste. Try any of these, though not all at once:
- Chili or cayenne pepper powder
- Garlic powder
- Your favorite herb (we like rosemary)
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Pumpkin pie spices
Don't forget to let the seeds cool for about 10 minutes before serving to guests and ghouls!