Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Thursday in West Hollywood:
Reminder: Planned Power Outage
Six Southern California Edison customers in West Hollywood will be without power between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. today while work is done to replace a deteriorated power pole and transformer in the 7900 block of Santa Monica Boulevard. For outage status, residents can visit www.sce.com/outage or call 1-800-655-4555.
Sunset Strip Pick: The Naughty Show on Ice in 3D
Brent Mendoza recommends heading to the tonight to catch Sam Tripoli. The comedic sleaze is back with a fresh stable of adult film stars, top comics and pole dancing professionals. Doors open at 9 p.m. Tickets are only $10, ages 21 and older only. "If for no other reason, come see how they fit an ice skating rink on stage at this Sunset Strip landmark," Mendoza writes in his this week.
More Live Shows:
- Endoxi, Patricia Lauriet, Kingdom Business, Mayfield, The Sassafras Union - at 7:15 p.m.
- Vicci Martinez, DJ Syncity, Ugly Ducking, The Haun Solo Project, Mark Hildreth - at 7:30 p.m.
- Celso Pina - at 8 p.m.
- 16 Comics - , Original Room at 9 p.m.
- Flystar Entertainment presents Crack Em Up Thursdays - , Belly Room at 9:30 p.m.
- The Art on the Outside Subcommittee is meeting at 3:30 p.m. in the Community Conference Room at City Hall. On the agenda is a discussion of current and potential projects with the (LAND), and the Roxy Theatre.
- At 5 p.m., the Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission is meeting to discuss the possibility of a new "art wall" at the renovated West Hollywood Park, as well as receive an update from staff on arts and cultural programming at West Hollywood Library, among other agenda items.
- The Women’s Advisory Board meets at 7 p.m., also at City Hall. Unfinished business on the agenda includes a discussion of annual programming for National Women's History Month held during March.
- Expect another sunny day in West Hollywood. The National Weather Service forecasts sunny, with a high near 83. North northeast wind will remain between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. The evening will be mostly clear, with temperatures dropping to around 59.