reetings and welcome to City Scoop. Today is Sunday, May 27, the 148th day of 2012. Here’s what’s going on in West Hollywood today.
Amanda Woodward, Billy Campbell and Michael Mancini might not be there, but lots of fresh produce will be at the Melrose Place Farmer’s Market. Open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the certified market is a popular destination for locals. Before a farmer can sell at a certified market, the government checks to make sure the farmer actually grows the produce he sells at the market rather than buy it from another seller and resell it. The market is located on Melrose Place (just off Melrose Avenue) between Orlando and La Cienega.
Wednesdays are generally the day people think of for Drag Queen Bingo, but also offers an outrageous weekend game too – Sunday starting at 7 p.m. This week’s game benefits Operation Blanket of Love, an animal welfare advocacy group.
Despite having starred together in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? film legends Bette Davis and Joan Crawford had a long standing, legendary dispute dating back to the 1930s. Find out what that feud was all about as BITCHSLAP!, a comedic take on the pair’s rivalry plays through June 17 at the , 1107 Kings Road (at Santa Monica Boulevard). Sunday’s show starts at 7 p.m.
Bands Playing in Town
- The Untouchables with HaSkaLA, Today’s Special, Loose Nuts, Old Man Jenkins, For the Record, Skalocaust and Wasted Roots at the Whisky a Go Go. Show starts at 6 p.m.
- Kyle Hunt And The King Gypsy with Devastating Karate, Apartment 28, Reggie Ginn and A War Party’s Farewell at Viper Room. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Twin Suns with Back Pocket Memory, LeMay, Figured Out, Aaron Orbit and Ote for President at the Roxy Theatre. Show starts at 7:15 p.m.
- Straight Stuntin Magazine West Coast Premier with DJ Kay Slay at Key Club. Show starts at 8 p.m.
- The Wiseguys Big Band Machine with Rudy G. y Los Hi Tones and Hollywood Hound Dogs at House of Blues. Doors open at 8 p.m. Show starts at 9 p.m.