Greetings and welcome to City Scoop. Today is Saturday, July 7, the 189th day of 2012. Here’s what’s going on in West Hollywood today.
Get with the beat at a special drumming and percussion session in the Community Room at . This “Summer Reading Program: One World Rhythm” session features music and games for the entire family. The fun starts at 2 p.m. Admission is free.
The will host an informational session about its 27th annual Kids Comedy Camp for children from low-income neighborhoods. The kids will ``audition'' for a chance to attend a summer camp taught by professional comedians. Past instructors included Richard Pryor, Jim Carrey, Chris Rock and Bob Saget. The session runs 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Center City Neighborhood Improvement Committee holds its monthly meeting at 10 a.m. at the restaurant and bar, 1114 Crescent Heights Blvd. Topics on the agenda include updates about new businesses in the area, privatizing security for the area, discussion of the parking issues in the area and plans for the National Night Out in August. All are welcome to attend.
Bands Playing in Town
- Latin Alternative Fest featuring Panteon Rococo at House of Blues. Doors open at 3 p.m., show at 4 p.m.
- The Shakers with Black Carl, Pink Fuzzy Animals, Stevedores and Mechanical People at the Viper Room. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Lie or Liar with Dead Awake, the Dreaming and Celebrity Stalker at Roxy Theatre. Show starts at 7:15 p.m.
- Angels Landing with eENIK, Barbarian Overlords, Lee Anduze and Lumaria at the Troubadour. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Hollywood Roses with Damon Kelly and Gabr at the Whisky a Go Go. Doors open at 8 p.m.
- Outlaw Nation with Jalapeno Brothers at Roxy Theatre. Show starts at 8 p.m.
- Club Bang at Key Club. Show starts at 10:30 p.m.