An MTA bus hit two pedestrians, killing one and critically injuring the other in West Hollywood. Read about that and more top stories from Feb. 3-9.
1. The two men were struck by the bus traveling eastbound in the 8800 block of Santa Monica Boulevard at the intersection of Palm Avenue around 11:40 p.m. Monday.
2. Candidates seeking a seat on the City Council met at the 2013 election's only candidate forum to present their views to voters.
3. West Hollywood City Council members and residents were surprised by an agreement between the MTA and a developer to explore building a giant mixed-use complex at Santa Monica and San Vicente boulevards.
4. The council appointed nine members of the newly formed Eastside Task Force to address issues affecting the city's eastern realm.
5. A woman who in 2010 randomly stabbed shoppers at the Target store in Weho was found not guilty by reason of insanity and sentenced to a long stint in a state mental hospital.