Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Saturday in West Hollywood:
Main Event: Wild Child Live
Considered one of America's most accurate and dynamic Doors tribute bands, Wild Child is playing a two-set show at the this evening. The all ages show kicks off at 8 p.m. Tickets are $21 through the Wild Child website.
More Shows in Weho:
- Sean Healy Presents The Chise Band, Twenty7, Slant, Graves, Pillow Theory, Robot Ears - 7 p.m. at the Viper Room
- Richard Cheese & Lounge Against the Machine with The Lampshades - 8 p.m. at the House of Blues
- Metronomy and New Villager - 8 p.m. at the Troubadour (sold out)
- Mayer Hawthorne & The County "How Do You Do" Record Release Party - 8 p.m. at the Roxy Theatre
- Stars at Night: Film Noir, Alex Carlisle, Saint James Band, Dead Day Revolution - 8:30 p.m. at OnTheRox
- The Paul F. Tompkins Show - 8:30 p.m. at Largo
- Blue Scholars, Bambu, The Physics, Brothers From Another, Goodsin - 9 p.m. at the Key Club
Other Happenings: Elizabeth Taylor Auction Preview
Christie's will continue the public exhibition of highlights from the through Sunday at MOCA's . On view is Taylor's 33-carat rectangular-cut diamond from two-time husband Richard Burton, now estimated at between $2.5 and $3.5 million, and personal works from artist-admirers such as Andy Warhol.
- The National Weather Service predicts a sunny Saturday, with a high near 83. West Hollywood will see calm wind and patchy fog after 11 p.m. Temperatures are expected to drop to around 62.
(Go here for more events happening today.)