The West Hollywood City Council appointed members of the Eastside Task Force on Monday.
The council chose nine community members that include residents and business owners charged with exploring "ways to create a broader community representation with a focus on quality of life, public safety, and future development of the eastside," according to a city staff report. "In addition to providing the City Council with feedback from eastside residents and business people, the task force will also focus on investigating methods to create an infrastructure to facilitate better dialogue between City Hall, and the residents and business community on the eastside."
Each of the five council members appointed one person who had applied to be part of the task force:
- Mayor Jeffrey Prang appointed Lisa Andreson.
- Mayor Pro Tempore Abbe Land appointed Adam Bass.
- Councilman John Duran appointed Alicia Matricardi.
- Councilman John D'Amico appointed Jennifer Dunbar.
- Councilman John Heilman appointed Rob Bergstein.
The remaining four appointees were chosen according to a majority consensus of council members' nominations:
- Ruth Williams
- Steve Levin
- Carlos Florez
- Michael Jay
Terms for task force members are six months.