The following is a press release from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Personnel from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Risk Management Bureau’s Traffic Services Detail conducted a DUI/DL checkpoint on Friday, Jan. 25 as part of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department commitment to public safety.
This checkpoint was one of many that have been or will be conducted throughout the year in West Hollywood. The location of Friday’s checkpoint was on Santa Monica Boulevard and Robertson Boulevard.
The goal of the DUI/DL checkpoint was removing impaired drivers and to bring awareness to the public of the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- 3,675 Vehicles through the checkpoint
- 1,912 Drivers checked
- 4 DUI alcohol suspects arrested
- 1 DUI Combo (alcohol and marijuana) suspect arrested
- 1 Illegal possesion of narcotics suspect arrested
- 1 Petty theft/public intoxication suspect arrested
- 4 vehicles were stored for a day