Greetings and welcome to City Scoop. Today is Thursday, July 19, the 201st day of 2012. Here’s what’s going on in West Hollywood today.
Variety named Nick Kroll one of the “10 Comics to Watch” and here’s you chance to watch him. Best knows for FX’s The League and soon to have his own self-titled series on Comedy Central, Kroll is joined by comedians Anthony Jeselink and Karen Kilgariff for a night of laughs at . Doors open at 7:45 p.m., show at 9 p.m.
Get out your tie-dye t-shirts and think flower power as the turns back the clock to the 1960s. Psychedelic rockers Strawberry Alarm Clock, best known for the 1967 #1 hit “Incense and Peppermints,” headlines a show that also features Aquarius, a Summer of Love tribute band. The groovy times start at 8 p.m. Peace out.
The Sunset Strip is the happening place on Thursday nights thanks to the , a certified farmers’ market that also features live music and cooking demonstrations. This week the Market will include a special chef dinner presented by the Soho House and live music by Brandon Mayer, Ted Wendler and the Record Company. Open 5-9 p.m., the is in the old Tower Records overflow parking lot, just east of Horn Avenue.
Bands Playing in Town
- Missy Higgins with Butterfly Boucher at the Troubadour. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Strawberry Alarm Clock with Aquarius, The Withers, Jetstream and Ask the Others at the Whisky a Go Go. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Gavyn Bailey, with Purdue Avenue and Heaps N Heaps at the Roxy Theatre. Doors open at 7:15 p.m.
- London Cries (formerly Juke Kartel) with So & So, Josh Tatum and Mind the Gap at the Viper Room. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Red Store Bums with Pachamama, Irie Sun and Rudo Movimiento at the House of Blues. Doors open at 8 p.m., show at 9 p.m.
- Hibernation Index with Rue and Engine Room at the Roxy Theater. Doors open at 8:30 p.m.