Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Thursday in West Hollywood:
To celebrate the release of the first issue of the Unstuck literary annual, three LA-based authors featured in the journal—Aimee Bender, Rachel Swirsky, and Marisa Matarazzo—will read their work and sign copies of the magazine at at 7 p.m. Unstuck is $12.
In this month’s program, the new West Hollywood Gay Men’s Discussion Group will examine the medical, political, and social landscape facing men who have sex with other men. Admission is free. The group is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Meeting Room at the .
The is hosting Sunset Strip royalty Queen Caveat with special guests Cherri Bomb this evening. Blogger Brent Mendoza writes: "Catch this heat-seeking, band-on-the-brink as they prep for the release of their new EP, Slap on the Wrist, and a highly anticipated feature appearance on the upcoming ABC 20/20 special, Sunset Boulevard: What’s Your Dream (airing Saturday, April 21 at 9 p.m.)." Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $12.
- T Lahma, Warzone Entertainment, Marcus Di Piaga - at 7 p.m.
- James Durbin (American Idol), Side/Winders - at 7:30 p.m.
- Metal Masters 3 Tour Clinic with All-Star Jam - at 8 p.m.
- 16 Comics - , Original Room at 9 p.m.
- Steel Pulse, Blaze Mob, Garth Dennis - at 9 p.m.
- Flystar Entertainment presents Crack Em Up Thursdays - , Belly Room at 9:30 p.m.
- Performing Arts and Cultural Affairs Subcommittee Meeting at 5 p.m. in the Community Conference Room at City Hall. Read the agenda here.
- Lesbian and Gay Advisory Board Meeting at 7 p.m. in the Community Conference Room at City Hall. Read the agenda here.
The National Weather Service forecasts mostly sunny, with a high near 59 and a low around 49. Showers are likely mainly after 11 p.m., and West Hollywood will see mostly cloudy weather in the evening, with a 70 percent chance of precipitation.
(Go here for more events happening Thursday.)