Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Monday in West Hollywood:
The Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 6 at to review input on the Plummer Park Capital Improvement Project, as well as discuss subcommittee appointments, according to the agenda.
Head to 's north parking lot between 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and stock up on ingredients for one of Jennifer Brody's . Choose between or , or tell us your favorite recipe.
Richard Sparks—author of Milt Okun’s memoir, Along the Cherry Lane—will be signing copies of the book at at 7 p.m. With a title based off of the music publishing company for Elvis and DreamWorks among many other household names, the book is rich with music history and run-ins with stars like Elvis Presley.
- Felix Martin Trio, Noise of Rumors, Deer Park Ave. - at 6 p.m.
- Potluck - , Original Room at 7 p.m.
- Comedy Madness with Michael Q - at 8 p.m.
- Jodi Miller and Iliza Schlesinger present The C-Word - , Belly Room at 8 p.m.
- Jackyl, Kore, Angeles, Stonebreed - at 8 p.m.
- Club With No Name presents Blackbox, Scattered Hamlet, Kemble Walters & The Black Faces, The Krank Daddies - at 8 p.m.
- Steel Panther - at 9:30 p.m.
- The Ding Dong Show - , Belly Room at 10 p.m.
Reminder: DineLA Restaurant Week
For the next two weeks, more than 28 local restaurants will offer three-course meals at bargain prices. This is the fifth year of the festival, in which participating restaurants offer three-course lunches for $16, $22 or $28, depending upon their usual price range. Dinners are offered for $26, $34 or $44.
The Forecast: Rain and a High of 60
The National Weather Service predicts rain before 10 a.m, and possibly a thunderstorm through the rest of the day The high will be near 60 in West Hollywood, dropping to around 49 by the evening. The chance of precipitation is 90 percent, says the weather service.
(Go here for more events happening today)