Weho hotspot has added seven new bloody marys to its brunch menu. Each is different and made from custom-infused spirits, but perhaps the most unusual is the "Horton Hog."
Patch got hold of the recipe, with directions for making bacon-infused bourbon. Stir in some BBQ sauce, garnish with pan-fried bacon, and you're all set.
Horton Hog Bloody Mary
3 oz. bacon-infused bourbon
6 oz. bloody mary mix
1 heaping Tbsp. Hak's BBQ sauce
- Fry the bacon in a pan, reserving both the bacon and the fat.
- Pour the bacon and fat into a sous vide bag with Bulleit bourbon.
- Seal the bag and circulate at approximately 152ºF for one hour.
- Pour entire contents into a hotel pan and stick the pan in the freezer.
- Once the fat has solidified, skim off the fat from the top and pass the remaining liquid through a fine mesh strainer.
- Return the liquid to the bottle and hold in the refrigerator until you're ready to make your bloody mary.
- For the bacon garnish, brush two thick slices of bacon with Hak's BBQ sauce. Then crust with cracked black pepper and bake until done.