Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Wednesday in West Hollywood:
Main Events: Santa Claus Is Coming Out
The play, in its final run at West Hollywood's (7051B Santa Monica Blvd.), tells the story of a little boy, whose gender-atypical gift request to the North Pole gets denied, and eventually nudges Santa Claus out of the closet. Individual tickets are $20 in advance, and $25 at the door. Call 323-957-1884 or visit www.celebrationtheatre.com.
- Monster Energy Presents DIMEBASH 2011 - Key Club at 7 p.m. (sold out)
- Ana Hito with Ron Rizzo and Doxology - OnTheRox at 7:30 p.m.
- Hyena, Standing Shadows, Tic Tic Boom, Odd Modern, Das Tapes - Viper Room at 7:30 p.m.
- Hello Lady, Candy Warpop, The Brownies, Postpone Armageddon - Whisky a Go-Go at 9 p.m.
- The city's Public Facilities Commission is meeting at 5 p.m. in the Community Room in West Hollywood Library. The agenda includes a project overview of the Avenues streetscape and an update on the damage from the Nov. 30 .
- The Historic Preservation Commission is having a special meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 6 of . Public hearings are set for facade alterations to one of the buildings at 7219 N. Hampton Ave., as well as historic nominations for three single-family homes on Cynthia Street, according to the agenda.
- A Transportation Commission special meeting is set for 7 p.m. in the Community Conference Room. The Commission will consider the Zipcar Car Sharing Pilot Program for a period of two years, and discuss traffic signal system operations, according to the agenda.
- Wednesday's forecast is mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with patchy fog before 10 a.m., a high near 63, with a low around 47, according to the National Weather Service.
(Go here for more events happening today.)