Greetings and welcome to City Scoop. Today is Monday, August 13, the 226th day of 2012. Here’s what’s going on in West Hollywood today.
This cause is no joke. features comedians Earthquake, Guy Torry and more in a special “Comedy 4 A Cause” show benefiting My Friend’s House Foundation. Proceeds will help the fight poverty, hunger and homelessness by funding programs that encourage self sufficiency and healthy lives. Showtime is 8 p.m.
The city’s Public Safety Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. in . Items on the agenda include a report from the fire officials and sheriff’s officials updating the commission on recent activities.
's north parking is the place to get some of the freshest fruits and vegetables currently in season as the weekly farmers’ market gathers there from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. It’s always a great place to stock up on locally grown foods, plus start up chats with interesting people.
Bands Playing in Town
- As Blood Runs Black with End of Truth, Where Titans Roam, the Last of Us, There May Be Blood and Modern Paradise at the Whisky a Go Go. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Birdy at Roxy Theatre. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- The Lonely Drunks Club with Elvis Monroe, Thomas Nicholas Band, Franky Perez & the Truth and 28 North at the Viper Room. Show starts at 8 p.m.
- Michael Kiwanuka with Elle King at the Troubadour. Doors open at 8 p.m.
- Steel Panther with Broken Decency & Drug the Kids at the House of Blues. Doors open at 9 p.m., show at 9:30 p.m.