West Hollywood residents and city staff weighed in for and against preserving three Craftsman bungalows on Palm Avenue that were built in the early 1900s. Read about that and more top stories from Jan. 27-Feb. 2.
1. Weho residents made a presentation to the Historic Preservation Commission requesting three Palm Avenue bungalows be designated historic resources.
2. Federal prosecutors charged a West Hollywood rocker with fraudulently misrepresenting his income and assets so he could acquire $6.25 million in bank loans, the Los Angeles Times reported.
3. The LA Pride parade and festival is accpeting nominations for "community honorees." The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Feb. 15.
4. Cardinal Roger Mahony posted an open letter to Archbishop Jose Gomez in which he contended that, under his leadership, the Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles became one of the best dioceses in the nation at dealing with the problem of sexual misconduct by clergy. The letter came a day after the release of personnel files of priests accused of sexual misconduct.
5. The Stonewall Democratic Club voted to oppose term limits for Weho City Council members.