The U.S. Supreme Court decided to hear cases on California's Proposition 8 gay marriage ban and a challenge to the federal Defense of Marriage Act. Read about that and more top stories from Dec. 2-8.
1. West Hollywood officials and residents reacted to the Supreme Court's decision to hear cases that will decide the legality of Proposition 8 and DOMA.
2. The city has heightened enforcement of dog leash and "pooper-scooper" laws. Fines range from $250-$850.
3. A diverse panel of national and local advocates and West Hollywood residents shared information on ways to improve the lives of LGBT senior citizens.
4. The City Council called for more study on how and where to increase the hours of enforcement for parking meters along Santa Monica Boulevard.
5. An online poll that involved 11,000 respondents names West Hollywood the most promiscuous gay city in the U.S.