The homeless population is declining in West Hollywood, according to a city staff report presented to the Human Services Commission. Read about that and more top stories from Feb. 10-16.
1. The results of the 2013 homeless count show a decrease in the city's homeless population.
2. throughout Los Angeles and Southern California, causing authorities to conduct a weeklong manhunt that culminated with his apparent suicide.
3. The city welcomed the One Billion Rising campaign for events that promote awareness about violence against women.
4. Gay rights activists accompanied by a West Hollywood pastor demonstrated in front of the Beverly Hills Hotel, displaying a banner on Sunset Boulevard that read, "This hotel is owned by homophobes." The hotel is owned by the Sultan of Brunei, where homosexuality is illegal.
5. The last of the nine City Council candidates running in the 2013 election made their campaign finance statements available to the public via the city's website. Councilman John Duran leads the fundraising race with nearly $90,000 in contributions.