Weho and Los Angeles County officials participated in a "beam signing" ceremony for the Courtyard at La Brea affordable housing project that is under construction. Read about that more top stories from Dec. 30-Jan. 5.
1. The West Hollywood Community Hosing Corporation hosted the "beam signing" that was attended by Weho City Council members, County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky and a number of city and county staff members.
2. The owner of Irv's Burgers, established in 1950 and designated as a West Hollywood cultural resource, claimed a neighboring business owner pressured her to relocate in order to make way for a new restaurant.
3. Social media privacy and a ban on attempting to change minors' sexual orientation through psychotherapy were among a slew of new California laws that take effect in 2013.
4. A recent USC graduate used algorithmic data to map what he called .
5. Seven drivers were arrested at a West Hollywood DUI checkpoint conducted by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.