Greetings and welcome to City Scoop. Today is Thursday, August 23, the 236th day of 2012. Here’s what’s going on in West Hollywood today.
The seven-member Oversight Board of the Successor Agency formed after the dissolution of the city’s Redevelopment Agency will meet at 2 p.m. in the . Among the items on the board’s agenda are deadlines associated with the dissolution of the Redevelopment Agency, approval of transferring the RDA’s housing assets to the city’s Successor Agency and a discussion of the payment schedule for the RDA’s debts.
The Sunset Strip is the happening place on Thursday nights thanks to the , a certified farmers’ market that also features live music and cooking demonstrations. This week the chef dinner will be prepared by the chef from Amarone. Open 5-9 p.m., the is in the old Tower Records overflow parking lot, just east of Horn Avenue.
Boards and Commissions
- The Art on the Outside subcommittee of the city’s Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission meets at 3:30 p.m. in . Items on the agenda include several new art projects.
- The Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission meets at 5 p.m. in . Items on the agenda include a review of the cultural plans of other municipalities to help develop a cultural plan for West Hollywood. Also on the agenda is a review of arts and cultural programming planned for the West Hollywood Library.
- The Women’s Advisory Board meets at 6 p.m. in . Items on the agenda include a review of the scheduled for Friday.
- The Rent Stabilization Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the Council Chamber in . Items on the agenda include an appeal of a case at 1240 N. Flores Street.
Bands Playing in Town
- The Vintage Tuesday with The cold Chills, Kingsley and Parlours at the Viper Room. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- The Protomen with Attack Decay at the Roxy Theatre. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Viza with the Dirty Diamond, Eternal Mind Control, Fairway and Aplanian at the Troubadour. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Kyle Turley with Two-Faced Toucans at the Whisky a Go Go. Doors open at 8 p.m.
- Dirty Too with Wardog and the Lucky Lonely at the Roxy Theatre. Doors open at 8:30 p.m.