After temporarily closing three weeks ago for renovation, The Hudson is scheduled to reopen Thursday evening. All drinks on the cocktail menu are half of their $11 regular price.
Interior and exterior changes have been made to the train car-like eatery at Crescent Heights and Santa Monica boulevards. A few new dishes also have been added to the menu.
"We have been fortunate in that The Hudson has been highly popular and endured a good amount of wear and tear over the past three-plus years we've been open," owner Beau Laughlin said.
Laughlin and partners Brett Cranston and Mike Jay decided in October to reinvest in the business.
"We felt we owed it to our customers who have loyally supported our business to up the bar on the experience we were offering them," Laughlin said. "We have kept the best parts of The Hudson that people have come to love and elevated the rest."
A statement released by The Hudson described the renovation:
The low interior ceiling was removed to expose the wood beams and A-frame roof adding an additional eight feet in height. The bar has been built up with new counter tops, bar stools and an aged mirror placed on the back bar. All of the wood and concrete floors have been refinished, the banquet seating has been reupholstered, stylish lighting and ceiling fans have been installed, new dining and communal tables made by Croft House line the restaurant, with vintage wall paper, built-in wood cabinetry and moldings placed throughout. The exterior of The Hudson has been repainted, sanded and stained, and outdoor landscaping has been upgraded. Additionally, a bike rack for locals has been added and a vintage neon cocktail sign has been prominently hung.
The restaurant's new culinary offerings include:
- Prosciutto & Burrata with pickled beets, arugula and parmesan
- Seared Albacore Crudo with cucumber, tangerines and chili oil
- Kale Salad with shaved vegetables, red chili lime vinaigrette and toasted pepitas
- Grilled Loch Duart Salmon with brussel sprouts, fingerling potatoes and dijon maple glaze
- Braised Lamb Shank with kale, mashed potato, olive rosemary and jus.
- Stumptown coffee, tea and cold brew
- Desserts from Duff's Cakemix
New cocktails include:
- Starry Night with Kappa pisco, Crème de Cassis, lemon juice, orgeat
- The Bombshell with Akvinta vodka, strawberry purée, lemon juice, maraschino and agave
- The H.O.F. with Fighting Cock bourbon, Jerry Thomas decanter bitters and fine sugar
- The Midwest Monk with Templeton rye, Carpano Antica, Benedictine and Miracle Mile candy cap bitters
- The Spicy Number with serrano infused Milagro silver tequila, yellow chartreuse, lime juice, agave and cucumber
- The Paper Trail with Correlejo reposado tequila, Aperol, lemon juice and agave
The Hudson is open Monday-Friday from 4 p.m.-2 a.m. and 10 a.m.-2 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Daily happy hour is 4-7 p.m., and there's a late-night happy hour menu on Sunday and Monday from 10 p.m.–2 a.m. The restaurant also offers weekend brunch and Wine Wednesday promotions.
Reservations can be made by calling 323-654-6686.