Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Friday in West Hollywood:
Main Event: The Taste
The Labor Day event, dubbed by the LA Times as "a four-day culinary spectacular," begins this evening in nearby Beverly Hills and Hollywood. Burgers & Beer at 9900 Wilshire Blvd. will feature a cooking demo on building a unique burger and what craft beers to pair it with from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Here, sample bites from Weho's BOA Steakhouse. Art of Mixing is taking place at Paramount Studios from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., featuring a cooking/mixology demo and a number of participating restaurants, including Katana on Sunset. Purchase tickets here.
Runner-Up: Men Without Hats
hosts the mid-80s one-hit-wonders tonight. Gram Rabbit, Well Hung Heart, Midnight Hour and DJ Bigginz join the Canadian New Wave band best known for their hit single, "The Safety Dance," at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $20.
More Live Shows:
- Hotel Diablo Feat. Members of Quiet Riot, WASP, & Adler's Appetite, Sunset Riot - Whisky A Go-Go at 7:30 p.m.
- Tatiana Munoz, Ainjel Emme, Down for the Count - Genghis Cohen at 8 p.m.
- Rick Ortiz Presents Best of Reggae/Ska - House of Blues at 8 p.m.
- Kylesa, Intronaut, Ides of Gemini, Piegonwing - Troubadour at 8 p.m.
- A Static Lullaby, Shattered Hope, Assuming We Survive, Fake Figu - Roxy Theatre at 8 p.m.
- Three Bad Jacks, Blazing Harley, Wrecking Dead, The Triggers, The Grims - Key Club at 8:30 p.m.
- Diego Garcia & Friends - Largo at 9 p.m.
- The National Weather Service predicts another sunny Friday. West Hollywood will reach a high near 91, with calm wind and clear skies by the evening. Temperatures will drop to around 61.
(Go here for more events happening today.)