Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Saturday in West Hollywood:
Main Event: LA Pride
Christopher Street West's annual lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender celebration comes to from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. Last year's America's Got Talent winner Prince Poppycock takes the Mainstage Dance Pavilion at 6:30 p.m., followed by dance music artist CeCe Peniston at 7 p.m. and Grammy Award-winning artist Mya at 9 p.m. Partygoers can swing by the popular fetish show Erotic City, crowning the next Mr. CSW Leather, or get their photo taken at the NOH8 Campaign open booth. Co-Founder Adam Bouska will be photographing five to 10 frames for each person that comes through.
- Out There, an exhibition celebrating the LGBT experience, will be on view at through June 17. The fourth annual event will be juried by noted collectors Francisco George and William Escalera. Admission is free.
- Lavendar Love, MACHA Theatre's new play by Odalys Nanin that depicts gay Hollywood in the 1920s, begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $30.
- A Lesbian and Gay Play Reading Festival is taking place at the . Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights presents an evening of new gay and lesbian short plays at 2:30 p.m.
- BASH’d, a West Coast premiere musical, will also be showing at the Celebration Theatre at 8 p.m. Tickets range between $25 and $30. Stay tuned for the Weho Patch Backstage Pass review.
- The National Weather Service predicts patchy fog before 11 a.m., and a mostly cloudy day for Pride. The high will be near 71, with a low around 58.
(Go here for more events happening today.)