Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Tuesday in West Hollywood:
Reminder: Planned Power Outages
Southern California Edison's contractor Henkels & McCoy will be working to replace an old power pole in the La Jolla-Havenhurst parking lot from 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. The power outage is specific to 114 customers living in the 900 and 1000 blocks of La Jolla Avenue and Havenhurst Drive, in the 8200 block of Romaine Street and the 8100 block of Willoughby Avenue. SCE has notified the affected customers, according to a city of West Hollywood announcement.
- LAUSD board member Steve Zimmer is sponsoring the LGBT and Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Anti-Bullying Resolution, which will be considered by the Board of Education during the regularly scheduled meeting at 1 p.m. today.
- A Human Services Commission meeting will take place at 6 p.m. in the Community Conference Room. Staffers will provide an overview of the city’s current subsidized transit options and the evaluation process that is under way, as well as discuss some of the options being considered for changes to the Cityline shuttle service, according to the agenda.
- West Hollywood Women's Mastermind Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. in the . The group "encourages women who own or operate a small business, and/or women who are career driven in search of dynamic resources for obtaining their goals to attend," according to the city of West Hollywood event description. Free onsite parking. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Actress/author Kathryn Leigh Scott will discuss and sign copies of Dark Passages, 7 p.m. at .
- Ricky Rebel, with Taryn Manning, will perform at
at 8 p.m.
- The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day, with a high near 83, calm wind becoming south around 5 miles per hour. In the evening, West Hollywood will see mostly clear skies, with a low around 59.
(Go here for more events happening today.)