Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Tuesday in West Hollywood:
Main Event: Duff McKagan Book Signing
The Guns N' Roses bassist is hitting the Strip to discuss his first book, It's So Easy: And Other Lies, a tell-all, revealing his rise to fame, struggles with addiction, a the path back to sobriety. As Book Soup puts it, "Duff takes readers on his harrowing journey through the dark heart of one of the most notorious bands in rock-and-roll history, and out the other side." Signing and discussion begins at 7 p.m. at . McKagan's memoir costs $26.
- A Community Discussion on the Plummer Park Project is taking place at 7 p.m. in Rooms 5 & 6 of the park. The meeting will offer an overview from the architectural design team, a presentation of the proposed construction schedule and phasing, and a Q&A period with the project team, according to the city calendar. Learn more about this project and the opposition it is facing from residents .
- Jared LeeKari Kimmel, Lakes, Brandyn Burnette - 7 p.m. at the Troubadour
- Jail Weddings, Mark Cantin, The Kyms, Animal Games, The Abigails - 7 p.m. at the Whisky A Go-Go
- Hawthorne Heights with Cover What You Can, Kill the Academy, Heavy as Holograms, From Here to LA - 7:15 p.m. at the Key Club
- Surge Presents Avion & The Dirty Touch, Dude Mirror, Mike Weiss, Charlie Played Cello, Tummurriata Rock - 7:30 p.m. in the downstairs lounge of the Viper Room
- ASCAP presents Oh No Not Stereo (feat. Shane Divine, Kinglsey, Heads Up, The Oak Park Sunnyside) - 7:30 p.m. at the Roxy Theatre
- Rapscallions Record Release Party - 8 p.m. at OnTheRox
- Joe Henry - 8 p.m. at Largo (sold out)
- Kelly McGarry Presents: Badwater, The Dares, Los Einstein, Super Black Market, Nations Afire - 8 p.m. at the House of Blues
- continues today. Sunset Strip eateries from BOA to Asia de Cuba are offering specially priced three-course meals for lunch and/or dinner in one of three dining categories: deluxe ($16, lunch/$26, dinner), premier ($22/$34) or fine dining ($28/$44).Peruse through all 27 participating restaurants' menus here.
- The National Weather Service predicts a sunny forecast, with a high near 84. West Hollywood will see clear skies and wind around 5 miles per hour. The low will be around 60.
(Go here for more events happening today.)