The countdown to All Hallows' Eve has begun and it's shaping up to be one monster of a holiday in West Hollywood. From a flashlight tour of the to a go-go dancing celebration in the heart of Boystown, and let's not forget the main event, West Hollywood's Halloween Costume Carnaval, there's no need to leave town this year. Here's a roundup of things to do, places to see, all weekend long.
Friday, Oct. 28
1. Get spooked at the Comedy Store's Haunted Midnights., featuring a presentation by paranormal investigative group , a summoning of the spirits by mentalist Brent Webb, and a flashlight tour of the . Tickets are $15. The show starts at 11:59 p.m.
2. Spooktacular kicks off at the with performances by Oh No Not Stereo, We Are The Riot, Some Hear Explosions, and Briertone. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 day of show. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Spooktacular will run through the weekend and feature a number of different bands. See for more details.
Saturday, Oct. 29
4. is having a Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves Halloween Party, complete with fortune tellers, magicians and poolside performances by The JJAMZ and Allah Las, along with DJ sets by Mickey Madden of Maroon 5 and Mark Schoenecker. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
5. is hosting a Halloween "Dress As Your Favorite Denizen" Costume Party. They'll be anointing best costume prizes, doling out door prizes and giving drink specials, including the $5 "you call it" drink with Crystal Head Vodka, and "mystery shot sauce."
6. Saturday is officially Go Go Dancer Appreciation Day in the city of West Hollywood. That means a street party from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Larrabee Street near Santa Monica Boulevard between Eleven and Micky’s, featuring "a visual array of Go-Go dancers," as the city puts it, choreographed performances by the Evolution Of Go-Go, DJ Paulo Ramirez, and contests with prizes.
Sunday, Oct. 30
7. is hosting its 3rd Annual Tea Dance, complete with tasty cheap drink specials, a costume contest and surprise guests, with tunes by DJ Derek Montiero. The sinister celebration takes place 4-8 p.m. Admission is free. Just RSVP. Post Party will be at beginning at 9 p.m.
8. Get into the Halloween spirit at Sunday night "Mary-aoke." is hosting a Best Singer in Costume Contest. You must be in costume and perform a song in order to enter the contest to win $100 in cash and prizes.
Monday, Oct. 31
9. ’s SKYBAR is having a "costume mandatory" Willy Wonka Halloween Party from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. The themed spectacle will simulate the famous Chocolate Factory, boast a fully costumed staff, and feature music by DJ Devin Lucien throughout the night.
10. One of the world’s largest Halloween celebrations, the (adult) West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval is taking place from 6-11 p.m. along Santa Monica Boulevard, between Dohney and La Cienega Boulevard. The main event features live music, food, and some very creative costumes. Admission is free.