Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Thursday in West Hollywood:
Main Event: Book Soup Event
Author Richard Polsky in conversation with street artist Shepard Fairey will be discussing and signing Polsky's The Art Prophets: The Artists, Dealers, and Tastemakers Who Shook the Art World at 7 p.m. "Polsky offers an insightful and engaging dialog between artists and the visionaries who paved their way," according to the Book Soup description. The book is $24.95.
- Rockstar Energy Drink UPROAR Festival Wrap Party featuring: Escape The Fate - House of Blues at 7 p.m.
- Lady Sinatra with The Photo Atlas and Super Black Market - The Viper Room at 7:30 p.m.
- Marketa Irglova (of The Swell Season), Sean Rowe - The Troubadour at 8 p.m.
- Rich Robinson with Dylan LeBlanc - The Roxy Theatre at 8 p.m.
- DJ Ike Presents Kapeesh, Lyric James, Shyfty Sumantics - The Roxy Theatre at 8 p.m.
- Henson Alternative's Stuffed & Unstrung (formerly known as "Puppet Up") - Largo at 8 p.m.
- Jason Hemmens, El DeBarge Jr., Bella, Ryan Sy, Cassandra Michaels, Molly Cottrell - Whisky a Go-Go at 9 p.m.
- A group of educators and representatives from local nonprofit organizations, law enforcement agencies and various LA County agencies are holding a Round Table Meeting for children and youth from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Community Conference Room.
- The Planning Commission will weigh permanency for the city's temporary zoning ordinance, allowing businesses to hold up to 12 special events per year in Weho, at their 6:30 p.m. meeting in the West Hollywood Park Auditorium.
- The Women's Advisory Board will hold elections for a new chair and vice chair at their 7 p.m. meeting in City Hall. The Board will also consider a proposal from two Shelter Entertainment filmmakers to host a local screening of their independent feature, Audrey, as part of Women's History Month 2012.
- Thursday's forecast is mostly sunny, with a high near 74, according to the National Weather Service. West Hollywood will see calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 miles per hour. Clouds will roll into town by the evening. The low will be around 52.