Earth Day may be over, but there is still a way to honor Mother Nature this weekend. The Friends of the Los Angeles River is hosting the 22nd Annual Great L.A. River Clean-Up from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Volunteers are needed to pick up trash at 14 sites, including Sunny Nook Park in Atwater Village and Marsh Street Park and Elysian Valley Gateway (on Knox) in Elysian Valley. For more information or to sign up to volunteer, click here.
Ever partaken in the park's free yoga classes? Why not start now? Classes are daily at 8:45 a.m., 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at 2001 N. Fuller Ave. in Los Angeles. Donations accepted.
The author is scheduled to discuss and sign copies of "The Secret War Between Downloading and Uploading: Tales of the Computer As Culture Machine" at at 5 p.m. Call 310-659-3684 for more information.
Shows Around Town:
- Can of Jam - House of Blues at 8 p.m.
- Pancho & Sancho, Metrognome, LeaveItAlone, The Kepler Mission, Indigo Child - Troubadour at 8 p.m.
- Garfunkel and Oats - Largo at 8:30 p.m.
- The Divine/Wicker, BEEF, Like Giants, Heroes in Hollywood - The Roxy at 7 p.m.
- Of Athena, Reverend Red - On The Rox at 8:30 p.m.
- Cory Phillips & The Groove Orchestra, Inbellum, Lethal Intent, Metatonic, Verdoux, Idiot Box, The Review - Whisky a Go-Go at 7 p.m.
- Jussie Smollet, Caroline Da'more, UltraViolet Sound, Radio Moscow - The Viper Room at 9 p.m.
- Lara Johnston, Matthew Moon, Kris Angelis - Genghis Cohen at 8:30 p.m.
The National Weather Service predicts patchy fog before 11 a.m. West Hollywood can expect a partly sunny Saturday, with a high near 65 and a low around 55. There is a chance of drizzle and fog after 11 p.m.