After years in the making, the new $16 million state-of-the-art automated parking garage will, if all goes as planned, break ground in West Hollywood come summer 2013, according to West Hollywood public works director Oscar Delgado.
Delgado said that city staff will bring the project before Weho City Council by December, seeking permission to issue construction documents.
The automated garage has already been fully designed. Here are some of its features:
- Four full floors and one partial base floor
- 200 parking spaces
- Bicycle and motorcycle parking
- Community plaza/courtyard
- Solar panel roof
- Stage seating, for press conferences, small perfomances, etc.
- 24-hour security attendant
A full presentation of the garage is attached to the story in PDF form.