This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide event that places an emphasis on fighting neighborhood crime.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, the Los Angeles County Fire Department along with local neighborhood watch groups are coordinating it, and the West Hollywood City Council, the West Hollywood Public Safety Commission and the West Hollywood Russian Advisory Board are among those participating.
"National Night Out in West Hollywood is a true citywide event," said West Hollywood Mayor Abbe Land. "It is a fun night that is very effective in bringing neighbors together, and a great opportunity for residents to mingle with fire, sheriff and council members. I look forward to seeing another great turnout this year."
The event will feature block parties, potlucks and a movie night in Plummer Park at 8 p.m. featuring a showing of "Oz: the Great and Powerful."
There will also be street closures in the area that will take place from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Tuesday and will include:
- The cul-de-sac at Sherbourne Drive and Ashcroft Avenue, with closures at San Vicente Boulevard and Ashcroft Avenue, and Ashcroft Avenue at Sherbourne Drive;
- Lloyd Place extending east from Elevado Street to Norma Place;
- Rugby Drive from Westmount Drive up to and including the driveway of 8617 Rugby Drive;
- Fuller Street from 1205 to 1215 Fuller;
- Norton Avenue between Laurel Avenue and Hayworth Avenue;
- Westmount Drive cul-de-sac starting at the barricade just north of Santa Monica Boulevard up to 940 Westmount Drive, south of the Westmount Drive/West Knoll Drive traffic circle
- Lexington Avenue between Formosa and Detroit
- Poinsettia Drive south of the Hampton horseshoe down to the middle of the block.