Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Friday in West Hollywood:
Main Event: Yom Kippor
Friday night marks the holiest day of the Jewish year. To help ease parking and traffic congestion with practicing residents walking to synagogue services Friday night and Saturday, the Los Angeles City Department of Transportation is implementing relaxed parking from 2 p.m. on Oct. 7 through midnight on Oct. 8 at the following locations near West Hollywood:
- Area bounded by Robertson Blvd/La Cienega Blvd to Rossmore Ave/Queen Anne Pl and from Romine St to Pico Blvd
- Area bounded by Robertson Blvd to San Vicente Blvd and from Beverly Blvd to Clifton Way (particularly near Cedars-Sinai Medical Center)
- Area bounded by Olympic Blvd to Melrose Ave and from Fairfax Ave to Hudson Ave
- Area bounded by Laurel Canyon Blvd to Hayworth Ave and from Sunset Blvd to Selma Ave
- Warner Drive, The Shrill, Benvenue, Acidic, Emily's Army, Life Down Here, After - Roxy Theatre at 7:15 p.m.
- New Found Glory w/ Special Guests - House of Blues at 7:30 p.m.
- Sean and Michelle, Dave Patten, Gnim - Genghis Cohen at 8 p.m.
- Temper Tantrum Presents: Caroline, D'Amore w/ Special Guests - Viper Room at 8 p.m.
- Bigfoot, Nothing Sacred, Burden, Musehead - Whisky A Go-Go at 8 p.m.
- Star Slinger, Mux Mool, Shigeto (live) - Troubadour at 8 p.m.
- Nick Lowe: The Old Magic with JD McPherson - Largo at 8:30 p.m.
- James Francis - On The Rox at 9 p.m.
- Electric Six, Kitten, Mark Mallman, LeReverie - Key Club at 9 p.m.
- National Weather Service predicts a sunny Friday, with a high near 68. West Hollywood will see clear skies and calm wind throughout the day. Temperatues will drop to a balmy 54 by the evening.