Greetings, and welcome to today's City Scoop. Here's what's happening Friday in West Hollywood:
Main Event: Baby Daddy
The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's Lily Tomlin/Jane Wagner Cultural Arts Center presents Alec Mapa's hilarious new show, which chronicles the uncharted territory of gay fatherhood, as Theater Mania reports Mapa and his husband, producer Jamison Hebert, recently adopted a 5-year-old boy. Tickets are $20. Proceeds will go toward the center's programs to help homeless gay youth.
- Haunted By Heroes - The Roxy Theatre at 7:15 p.m.
- Century Media and Hollywood Waste Presents: Farewell My Love, Valora, Stitched Up My Heart, The Material, Sky Diamond City - The Viper Room at 7:30 p.m.
- Pomplamoose with Louis & Genevieve - The Troubadour at 8 p.m. (sold out)
- Miyavi - House of Blues at 8:30 p.m.
- DJ Twiggy Ramirez - OnTheRox at 9 p.m.
- Tainted Love - The Key Club at 9 p.m.
- Jon Brion - Largo at 9:30 p.m.
- WOMEN'S ROCK SHOW: Mynx, Vette, DKD, Siren Singing, Tish L and Portraits - Whisky A Go-Go
- Friday is starting out foggy, with clouds through mid-morning, then gradual clearing, reports the National Weather Service. It will be an otherwise lovely day in West Hollywod. Temperatures are expected to reach 75, dropping to a low around 57 by the evening. It finally feels like fall.
(Go here for more events happening today.)